




Ok, I understand that no one likes rats. You all need to take a deep breath and understand that you know nothing about them, and if you did... you would have a different outlook. I promise that they are extremely clean adorable little animals. Bitz and Chip. Bitz was a "Large Rat" when we got her. That means she was around 6+ months old and Chip was a "Small Rat" meaning 4-6 weeks old. Bitz is mostly Black/Charcoal grey with white on the belly extending to each foot giving her all white socks. Chip is black/charcoal on her face and a strip down her back with white elsewhere. They get along pretty well with tussles here and there.
Chip was starting to mouth breath (a lot like gasping for breath) along with constant sneezing. We took her to the pet store where as long as it is within 14 days of having been bought they will take her to the vet for free. They just put her on an antibiotic and she has been on that for a couple days. I haven't noticed any changes yet, as she has mouth breathed twice since being home. And we had one big tussle with the two that resulted in Chip having a chunk of ear taken out. This is why her name is Chip. I am so tired over being worried at Chip. Between being sick and Miss Bitz... I just have an added stress to everything going on this semester. We do love them though. They have made a great addition to the family as we gave the last crab we had to a friend.
Also, it is very difficult to take pictures of them. So, most of the pictures are fairly poor, but I'm trying to get some better ones. However, as far as the pictures go...
Chip is in the first two pictures. First, sleeping in the hammock and second taking a drink.
They are both in the third in the hammock
and fourth is Bitz sleeping how rats do often sleep... on their head. lol
and fifth is Bitz again... showing off her belly :)
Oh chip is so cute!!!! She is much smaller than Bitz. I think they are fun!! Cute name because of the ear... it reminds me of Beauty and the Beast :D Love!!!
ReplyDeleteYou posted! I knew all my looking would pay off! :0) I don't mind the rats really, but I'm just not a huge animal person in general. Jamie and I used to have pet toads. :0)
ReplyDeleteWe also have two rats! Isn't it fun trying to explain to people that pet rats are different than the nasty rats that run around in sewers? We have Ollie and Dew. They are getting big fast! Aren't their bellies the cutest?!?
ReplyDelete